OUTREACH AND SOCIAL CONCERNS MINISTRY
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.” -Mark 12:30-31 New International Version (NIV)-
- Raise awareness about social issues in the surrounding community that impacts our society, and take action to help and bless the people living nearby
- Reach out to the surrounding community through conducting healing services where residents of the neighbouring blocks can come down to church to seek prayer for healing of their sicknesses and hurts, whether physical or emotional
- Befriend the residents who live in the neighbouring blocks around the church and invite them to participate in activities held by the church or in partnership with community stakeholders
- Drop-in Centre – Befriending the St. Luke’s Elder Care (SLEC) residents every Tuesday from 1.45pm to 2.45pm. A team of church members regularly visit and facilitate activities at the centre, such as singing with the elderly, exercising with them etc. Volunteers also form friendships with elderly and help them to age gracefully.
- Financial Assistance – Provide short-term financial assistance to needy families identified by the church to help them cope with their daily needs
- Home Visits – Visitation to the poor & needy in the Tampines zone identified by Methodist Welfare Services (MWS), to lend them a listening ear, give them advice, advice on available financial aid, and bless them with gifts of daily essentials
- Healing Place – Open to all. Prayer session for those who need healing, happens every Monday from 7pm to 9pm (Except for the months of June & December)
“Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.” -James 5:14-15 New International Version (NIV)-
What do we need?
- Helpers to facilitate activities at St. Luke’s Elder Care and conduct home visits to residents in the neighbourhood
- Monetary support channeled towards social services eg. MWS
- Prayer support
To find out more about Outreach and Social Concerns matters, kindly email Mr Samuel Bey @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Living Hope Methodist Church on Facebook: www.facebook.com/LivingHopeMethodistChurch